Queen of Hearts
MUST BE 18 OR OLDER TO PLAY
- A game board containing 54 cards (numbered and sealed face down) purchased from a certified gaming vendor will be displayed at St. Bernard in a secure location with theQueen of Hearts as the “Jackpot Card”.
- Tickets are $2 each with no limit on the number of tickets that can be purchased. All tickets sold are double stub tickets.
- Tickets may be purchased online at https://stbernardlou.weshareonline.org/QueenofHearts. Online ticket sales will be cut off the close of business day on the Friday afternoon prior to the Sunday drawing. . Tickets may also be purchased in person at the parish or school offices and at various events held at St. Bernard.
- Tickets purchased online will be put in the cylinder for the purchaser and the purchaser will have the option to pick up their stubs.
- Tickets purchased in person must have a printed name, phone number and CARD number to be turned over on each ticket. Once the correct information is written on the ticket, it is to be returned to the person who is selling the tickets to be placed in the cylinder for that week’s drawing.
- You do not have to be present at the weekly drawing to win. Immediately following the drawing the card number corresponding to the card number indicated on the ticket will be turned over on the Queen of Hearts board. The winner will be notified by phone that their ticket was drawn and if it revealed the Queen of Hearts.
- The Queen of Hearts Drawing will occur the 2nd Sunday of every month following the 11:00 a.m. Mass. If the Queen of Hearts is not chosen by the holder of the winning ticket, then the prize money will be carried over to the following Sunday and new tickets will be sold for that Sunday in person immediately following the drawing and online beginning at 12:01 p.m. on Monday.
- If a blank ticket is drawn from the cylinder, then a second ticket will be immediately drawn from the cylinder. The second ticket will be handled based on rules #6 and #7 above.
- If your name is drawn, the card number on the ticket will be flipped on the Queen of Hearts board. If the card flipped is the Queen of Hearts, the winner will receive fifty percent (50%) of the jackpot. The remaining fifty percent (50%) will remain with St. Bernard Catholic Church.
- Each card selected and turned will have the winning ticket attached and that card will remain on the board exposed for the duration of the game. Once the Queen of Hearts is selected, the board will no longer be in play and will be placed in storage and kept according to guidelines of the Kentucky Department of Charitable Gaming. A new board will be placed in play for the following months’ drawing.
- Each month, after the drawing, all non-winning tickets will be removed from the cylinder and destroyed per Kentucky Department of Charitable Gaming regulations.
- All winners are responsible for any state, local or federal taxes. All prizes will be paid by check and all winner’s in excess of $600 will receive a W2G (1099) form. No prizes will be paid regardless of amount until a fully completed form W2G (1099) is received. If the winnings are in excess of $5,000 federal taxes will be withheld at a rate of twenty five percent (25%). If a winner is unwilling to fill out a W2G (1099) the prize winning will revert back to St. Bernard Catholic Church.
Charitable Gaming License #0122
Winning prizes must be claimed within 30 days after the winning ticket is drawn. Unclaimed prizes from the Queen of Hearts will be donated back to St. Bernard Catholic Church.