REQUIREMENTS FOR ALL VOLUNTEERS
The Archdiocese of Louisville is committed to ensuring that children & youth who participate in church-sponsored activities can do so in the safest & most secure setting possible. Volunteers include those who coach, assist with teams, help in the school parking lot or cafeteria, work VBS, serve as a catechist or have any other role that includes contact with children at St. Bernard.
In an effort to fulfill this commitment, all employees and volunteers in regular contact with minors are required to participate in a Safe Environment Training (SET) & have a background check.
- Trainings are offered throughout the Archdiocese on a monthly basis.
- No advance registration is necessary.
- No one under the age of 16 will be admitted to the training; this includes infants.
- For the most up to date training schedule, visit: www.archlou.org
If you wish to volunteer, contact a volunteer coordinator.
Contact Cyndi Marlow for formation volunteer opportunities at [email protected]
Contact Mandy Mattingly for school volunteer opportunities at [email protected]
For sports volunteer opportunities, email [email protected]
To check if your SET or your background check is current, contact your volunteer coordinator or Risa Musto at 239-5178.
The new Archdiocese policy, effective January 2022, is that all employees and volunteers who have regular contact with minors must update their Safe Environment Training every 5 years. Anyone who attended SET prior to 2018 will need to attend an updated in-person or online training before the end of 2022.
We are pleased to be able to offer an online alternative for the required refresher training. Please click here for instructions & here for a link to the online training.
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING FOR ONLINE UPDATES:
- Your certificate will be automatically submitted when you complete the course - no need to send any paperwork to the office!
- The online refresher course is ONLY for those who have attended an in-person training in the past and simply need to renew their training. If this is your first time, you must attend an in-person training to receive valid credit. If you sign into the online refresher course training as a member/employee of another parish, you must submit your certificate to the St. Bernard Office or we will not have it on file.
- If you do not want to do the online refresher course, you can attend an upcoming in-person training and submit your certificate to the St. Bernard Office.